Saturday, August 16, 2008

Potting Training in motion

On Friday Jackson (technical terms) urinated in the toilet for the very first time. After I had gone to the bathroom I asked Jackson if he was interested in going? He confirmed and I removed his diaper, he climbed up onto the toilet & proceeded to urinate. He was so excited about watching his urine come out of his penis. I gave him a hi-5 & some congratulatory words. It makes a Momma proud!

This morning, upon waking up, I proceeded to the bathroom, Jackson in tow, to take care of my urinating. When I was through I asked Jackson if he would like to sit on the toilet again. He confirmed again, diaper was removed, he climbed up & he proceeded to urinate once again. Only this time a flatulence was emitted - toot-toot! He laughed at himself... it was so endearing. I gave him another hi-5 and more congratulatory words.

I'll state this... it's just the beginning as I have had the privilege & experience of potty-training other peoples children, only to know that it takes lots of patience, encouragement & timing! But it still makes a Momma proud - Daddy too!

No comments: