Monday, July 02, 2007

4 Months old

This picture was taken at Tara & Neals going away party last month.


Jackson is already 4 months old, as of July 3rd!

Jerrod & I are totally amazed at his development. He's already rolling from front to back & back to front (started rolling from back to front of Friday June 29th). He's working on sitting up - loves to use those ab muscles!

He's been eating eating baby cereal for almost 4 weeks. We started him early on rice cereal because I was nursing him amost every 2 hours both day & night! Plus he was 16 lbs - what most 6 months old weigh. Then after 2 weeks of rice cereal Jackson called it a day - no more of that bland junk... onto oatmeal cereal... which he's been eating for 2.5 weeks.. he's about had it w. that too. Last friday was his 4 month check up.. All positives from Dr. Michelle - who we love. He weighed in at 17.12 lbs (90th percentile), 27.5" long (95th percentile), and 43cm head circumference (70th percentile)...

ok, so, last friday night for the very first time Jackson ate sweet potatoes! HE LOVED THEM!!!!!! He's a huge fan & no signs of allergies - whoo-hoo! His grandpa Bell would be so proud, considering that the house we live in & the land we live on was his & he was famous for growing THE best sweet potatos in Alachua County! The man was a legend...

Anyhoo, my jynormous one just woke up & I think I smell something stinky!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww thanks for the update. Are you mushing up the sweet potatoes yourself or getting jarred ones? I found them to be one of the easier to make at home "baby" foods.

Jackson said...

You betcha - nothing but the best for Jibbies! We'll be in soon for another visit!
What else was easy to make?

Tesney said...

Jackson is adorable! I love big babies...sometimes secretly I wish Clayton was chunkier. I made some of Clayton's baby food and found black-eyed peas to be very easy and he LOVED them. Others I've tried: squash, carrots, green beans, and potatoes...all very easy. Just boil & blend with a little of the stock.

Anonymous said...

Carrots, squash, beans, fruit, though I have a personal fondness for the jarred apricots.